The strong development of the global economy has opened up many attractive career opportunities for . That is why many young people choose to study this specialty. But when it comes to jobs in the logistics industry, many of you are still quite confused. So, in this article, Ms. Uptalent will introduce readers to the role of Logistics and describe the job descriptions of Logistics positions so that you can better understand what Logistics is!
See more >>> Logistics jobs on HRchannels.com
The role of logistics
Currently, companies attach particular importance to logistics activities because of the important role that this activity plays in the development of companies and the economy. This role is demonstrated through the following points:
The first one, Logistics is a tool to connect activities in the global value chain, including supply, production, distribution, market expansion, etc. Against the backdrop of global economic integration and with outstanding development with modern technology, business leaders are looking to logistics as an effective tool to help them connect different fields in business development strategy.
Monday, Logistics helps companies optimize the circulation cycle in production and commercial activities, from raw materials to the delivery of products to customers.
Tuesday, Logistics reduces transport costs. In the face of capital pressure and the energy crisis, business leaders must pay attention to costs, especially transport costs. At the same time, with the development of information technology, logistics can easily solve this cost problem for enterprises.
Wednesday, Logistics helps business leaders make more accurate decisions. Managers face many difficult problems when managing production and business activities. For example, the supply of raw materials, the time of adding raw materials, the means of transport, the storage of finished products, etc. However, the seemingly intractable problems above will be easily “solved” by logistics. Managers can apply logistics to control and make the most accurate decisions on the above matters and achieve optimal business performance.
09 Popular Logistics Jobs
According to Uptalent, we know that many of you study logistics but have not yet understood the specific jobs of logistics companies. So, after understanding the role of logistics, let’s find out about common logistics jobs.
In fact, the logistics industry has the following 9 popular positions:
1- Warehouse staff
Warehouse operators are responsible for managing the origin of goods, their quantity, how they are distributed, how they are shipped, etc. All of this requires knowledge, skills and abilities. A new scan works better.
– Receive orders and establish a scientific and reasonable delivery schedule to ensure on-time delivery and save costs.
– Management of transport, loading and unloading activities.
– Guide, supervise and check the quantity and quality of goods from dispatch to delivery to the customer.
– Manage invoices and receipts of goods in stock.
– Coordinate with transport units, customers and related parties to manage issues during delivery.
2- Sales staff/Logistics staff
The task of logistics sellers is to sell goods, but more specifically transport services. They must ensure that they generate revenue and maintain the reputation of the company.
– Provide information about services and convince customers to choose company services.
– Keeping in touch with the company’s existing customers, regularly updating new policies and incentives for them.
– Finding new customers.
– Support and monitor the service delivery process to ensure customer satisfaction.
3- Documentation staff
The main function of the document officer is to carry out the operations related to the import and export documents transported by vessel. They must ensure the legality of the documents before customs clearance and ensure that the delivery takes place according to legal procedures and procedures.
– Drafting and processing of import and export documents such as contracts, bills of lading, invoices, arrival notices, etc.
– Prepare customs documents, certificates of origin, quality certificates, official documents, reports for related parties, etc.
– Work with customers and coordinate with field service to complete customs clearance procedures.
– Maintain complete and scientific files and documents.
4- Port staff/container coordinator
Port staff are responsible for coordinating containers on or off the vessels.
– Control equipment, loading and unloading tools and conveyors for transporting goods to ensure work safety.
– Arrange the entry and exit of the train so that it is reasonable.
– Maneuver the loading and unloading vehicles as well as the workers responsible for loading and unloading.
– Record if there is any incident in the process of loading and unloading goods on board and off the vessel.
>>>> Maybe you are interested: The role of the logistics department in the company
5- Purchasing Staff (Purchasing Staff)
The duty of the purchasing staff is to ensure that the raw materials are purchased from reputable suppliers at the best price and within a reasonable delivery time.
– Work with the production department, identify items to purchase and develop a purchasing plan.
– Define purchasing needs and manage purchasing activities.
– Provide the necessary information and documents to suppliers.
– Monitor order status to quickly deal with issues that arise.
– Set production time, delivery time, order tracking and purchase cost.
– Efficient evaluation of orders.
– Ensure compliance with the provisions of the purchase contract.
6- Forwarder (Forwarder)
It is the freight forwarder’s responsibility to manage all activities related to the transfer of mail, parcels or goods.
– Receive and process information on delivered shipments.
– Obtain a D/O, power of attorney from shipping companies, agents.
– Advise and support customers to find the optimal delivery plan.
– Organize and coordinate vehicles to support transportation.
– Coordinate with relevant departments to better serve customers.
– Monitor the progress of deliveries.
7- Customs Agent (Customs Clerk)
The main responsibility of customs officers is to ensure the legality of imported and exported goods and to ensure the smooth flow of goods through the port without congestion. This job requires a great professional capacity but in return you will receive a very good income. It is therefore a profession that attracts the attention of many young people.
– Verification of import and export documents and documents.
– Check, classify the goods and ensure the legality of the goods at the port.
– Realization of customs declarations.
– Guide field staff to complete customs clearance procedures.
8- Specialist in international payments
The task of the international payment specialist is to assist clients in carrying out international payment transactions, such as: opening L/C, transferring T/T, checking the validity of documents, etc. . requires good command of English and an understanding of international norms and standards. business principles.
– Receive documents, provide international payment services to customers.
– Check the legality of documents and client files.
– Receive and resolve customer complaints and requests in connection with signed transactions.
– Guide customers to complete payment files.
– Maintain books, documents and payment records in accordance with bank regulations.
9- Customer Service Staff (Customer Service)
The responsibility of customer service personnel in the logistics industry is to advise, provide transportation services to customers, and track the status of goods to inform customers.
– Provide customers with the necessary documents.
– Handle customer requests quickly and efficiently.
– Inform customers about the status of the shipment.
– Follow up on large orders and quickly resolve customer inquiries.
– Maintain customer information and maintain close relationships with them.
In summary, it can be seen that positions in the logistics sector are not simple, requiring in particular high expertise and skills. However, jobs in the logistics industry are also exciting and challenging. Hopefully, through this article, readers will better understand the job you will be doing by studying logistics. I hope you choose a job that matches your abilities and interests to succeed in your career.
>>>> You are interested: Logistics industry – career trends of the younger generation
HRchannels – Headhunter – Premium recruitment service